Karnataka Wakf Foundation to Donate Rs 1 Lakh as Medical Relief Fund for Muslim Women – Here’s Everything You Need to Know
From September 1, the Karnataka State Wakf Foundation for Women’s Development is preparing to initiate the process of applying for medical relief funds for Muslim women and minority female children.
Special Officer of the Welfare Council, Abbas Shareef told News18 that the council will provide financial assistance of up to Rs 1 lakh to Muslim women suffering from major health problems. For this, the Karnataka BJP government has sanctioned Rs 1.74 crore for the program for the current fiscal year.
What are the eligibility criteria?
1) Requests should be submitted by the patient’s husband or guardian only.
2) The applicant must be a woman domiciled in the state of Karnataka
3) Patients with dangerous diseases like heart, kidneys, brain, cancer, tuberculosis (except C-section) and other diseases are also eligible to receive the grant.
4) The annual income of the beneficiary must be less than Rs 1, 20,000. This regime is not applicable to civil servants.
5) In certain exceptional cases, the assistance will be paid by check to the patient within three months following the payment of the invoices after the assumption of responsibility.
How to register?
1) Applications should be submitted in the prescribed form with a copy of the income certificate issued by the Tahsildar and on the government approved hospital / nursing home quote.
2) To be submitted (in person) to the following address
The members secretary
Karnataka State Wakf Foundation for Women’s Development,
Room n Â° 215, 2nd floor,
Vikasa Soudha, Bangalore-560001.
What documents are required?
1) Copy of income certificate issued by Tahsildar (below Rs 1, 20,000 / -)
2) Estimate provided by approved hospital / nursing home.
3) In certain exceptional cases, the relief will be paid by check to the patient within three months of the payment of the bills after the assumption of responsibility.
Abbas Shareef told News18 that this program will not apply to patients who are treated in neighboring states, this program is only intended for residents of Karnataka who are treated in private hospitals in Karnataka.
Read all the latest news, breaking news and coronavirus news here