Global Electronic Design Automation (EDA) Tools Market Report 2022: Market to Reach USD 14.9 Billion by 2026
DUBLIN, March 3, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — The “EDA Tools – Global Market Trajectory & Analytics” report has been added to from ResearchAndMarkets.com offer.
Global EDA Tools Market to Reach $14.9 billion by 2026
Global EDA Tools Market Estimated at US$9.1 billion in 2020, is expected to reach a revised size of US$14.9 billion by 2026, growing at a CAGR of 8.7% over the analysis period.
The growth of the global market is expected to be driven by the strong performance of the semiconductor industry and growing adoption across various industry verticals. Intended to streamline design workflows, EDA tools are gaining acceptance over manual approaches to semiconductor and PCB design.
The market is poised to take advantage of the growing demand for these tools across different industries such as automotive, medical, communications, electronics, machinery, aerospace, and defense. While the market suffered a major setback due to the impact of COVID-19 on the semiconductor industry, it is expected to gain momentum due to the steady demand for chips and circuit boards, as well as the strong focus of actors on the simulation of system-level designs.
The market is expected to benefit from the emergence of advanced chip architectures and AI applications. The growing acceptance of FinFET architecture to develop and design sophisticated processors, the adoption of emerging technologies such as virtual reality, AI and IoT, and the growing popularity of SoC technology should present new opportunities. growth for EDA tools.
Semiconductor Intellectual Property (SIP), one of the segments analyzed in the report, is expected to grow at a CAGR of 9.2% to reach US$6.4 billion at the end of the analysis period.
After a thorough analysis of the business implications of the pandemic and the induced economic crisis, the growth of the Computer Aided Engineering (CAE) segment is readjusted at a revised CAGR of 7.7% for the next 7-year period. This segment currently accounts for a 29.9% share of the global EDA tools market.
Semiconductor intellectual property (SIP) refers to reusable design aspects including chip layout and cell, among other components used in the manufacture of advanced integrated circuits (ICs). The concept of computer-aided engineering (CAE) involves the use of software tools to perform analytical tasks, such as computational fluid dynamics, finite element analysis, and multibody dynamics.
The US market is estimated at $1.8 billion in 2021, when China is expected to reach $2.8 billion by 2026
The EDA tools market in the United States is estimated at US$1.8 billion in 2021. The country currently accounts for a 19.53% share of the global market. Chinaworld’s second largest economy, is expected to reach an estimated market size of US$2.8 billion in 2026 with a CAGR of 9.8% over the analysis period.
Other notable geographic markets include Japan and Canada, each predicting growth of 7.3% and 7.9% respectively over the analysis period. In Europe, Germany is expected to grow at around 7.8% CAGR while the rest of the European market (as defined in the study) will reach US$3.1 billion at the end of the analysis period. North America is a dominant market owing to the massive adoption of electronic devices and the presence of key players in the region. The region has seen a steady increase in semiconductor sales over the past few years.
The trend as well as the continued expansion of major end-use industries like automotive, communications and medical should provide significant opportunities. The growing demand for EDA tools in the Asia Pacific region is attributed to technological advancements in sophisticated electronic devices and equipment.
Physical design and IC verification segment to be achieved $3.3 billion by 2026
The growth of the IC Physical Design & Verification segment is attributed to the increasing sophistication of integrated circuit designs as well as the increasing attention paid to the precision and accuracy of semiconductor devices. EDA tools for IC design and verification are gaining acceptance in various industries to automatically perform circuit routing and placement on ICs and application-specific ICs.
In the global IC Physical Design & Verification segment, United States, Canada, Japan, China and Europe will drive the CAGR of 9.5% estimated for this segment. These regional markets representing a combined market size of US$1.3 billion in the year 2020 will reach a projected size of US$2.4 billion at the end of the analysis period.
China will remain among the most dynamic in this group of regional markets. Led by countries such as Australia, Indiaand South Koreathe market of Asia Pacific should reach US$774.6 million by 2026.
Main topics covered:
1. MARKET OVERVIEW
- Impact of Covid-19 and a looming global recession
- Among the companies hammered in the supply chain is “the semiconductor industry”
- Semiconductor Trends for Specific End-Use Categories
- The COVID-19 pandemic storm justifies new strategies to help semiconductor leaders get a new lease of life
- Decline in consumer confidence hurts automotive and consumer electronics sales
- Industrial activity remains subdued in 2020
- An Introduction to Electronic Design Automation (EDA)
- Semiconductor Intellectual Property (IP)
- Computer-aided engineering (CAE)
- Physical design and verification of integrated circuits (ICs)
- Printed circuit board and multi-chip module (PCB and MCM)
- Electronic Design Automation (EDA): An Intriguing Journey from Niche Technology to a Booming Industry
- Global Electronic Design Automation Tools Market Is Growing
- FinFET architecture and SoC trends remain key drivers for the EDA tools market
- The Global EDA Tools Market to Recover COVID-19 Related Losses in 2021
- Segment Analysis: SIP and Consumer Electronics to Dominate the EDA Tools Market
- EDA Tools: Streamline Multiple Aspects of the Design Workflow for Modern Electronic Systems
- Developing countries hold strong growth potential
- Competitive scenario
- Survival strategy adopted by companies to overcome the pandemic shock
- EDA tool suppliers bet on corner market innovations
- Recent market activity
2. FOCUS ON CERTAIN PLAYERS (Total 231 featured)
- Agnisys, Inc.
- Aldec, Inc.
- Altium Limited
- ANSYS Inc.
- Autodesk Inc.
- Cadence Design Systems Inc.
- Dauphin Design SAS
- Eremex, Ltd.
- Interception Technology
- Keysight Technologies Inc.
- Labcenter Electronics Ltd.
- Design Mirabilis inc.
- National Instruments Corporation
- Schindler & Schill GmbH
- Siemens EDA
- Synopsys Inc.
- Zuken Inc.
3. MARKET TRENDS AND DRIVERS
- Advances in EDA Tool Make Complex Semiconductor Functionality Possible
- EDA Tools Market Highly Influenced by Semiconductor Industry Trends
- Reduced prototyping costs and product recalls
- Switching to FPGA expands opportunities
- Advanced EDA Tools for Analog Circuit Verification
- EDA tools enabling modular electronic designs
- Prospects of EDA in the age of AI, ML and IoT
- Cloud-based SaaS solutions are gaining ground
- Established consumer electronics use case bodes well
- Solid opportunities in the communications sector
- The upward trend in the field of health electronics bodes well
- The growing role of electronics in motor vehicles bodes well
- Global sales of autonomous vehicles (in millions)
- Semiconductor IP Market Trends Support Growth
- Increased adoption of CAE software improves outlook
- The market will benefit from increased spending on industrial automation projects
- Key Industry 4.0 Technologies: Global Market Size (USD Billion) for Internet of Things (IoT), Big Data, Smart Factory, Advanced Analytics, Service Robotics and Smart Machines for 2020
- Issues and Challenges
4. GLOBAL MARKET OUTLOOK
III. REGIONAL MARKET ANALYSIS
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/vbelqy
Research and Markets
For EST office hours, call +1-917-300-0470
For USA/CAN call toll free +1-800-526-8630
For GMT office hours call +353-1-416-8900
US Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside the US): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets